ADSM-L

Export / Import question

2003-12-22 08:27:39
Subject: Export / Import question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:03:55 +0200
Hi To all

I am about  to run an Export /Import for a node. My  primary server is on a
Aix and got there a nodename called RAYA and want to export it to a Windows
server.

The configuration in my secondary server (Windows) is different , not the
same Domain or MamagmentClass or Devclass.

Primary server  (AIX):                domain=DOPC      mgm=mgpc_sca
devc=SCALARCLASS
Secondary server (WINDOWS):   domain=DOWIN    mgm=mgpc        devc=SDLTCLASS

I think to do:

1. export  node RAYA filedata=ALL devclass=SCALARCLASS scratch=yes

2. checkout libv scalar XXXXX checklabel=no remove=bulk          (from the
AIX server)

3. checkin libv scalar100 status=private search=bulk checklabel=barcode  (to
the WINDOWS server)

4. import node RAYA domain=DOWIN devclass=SDLTCLASS  volumenames=XXXXX
   (in domain option the new domain)

Does those steps are correct !!!!!

T.I.A Regards
Ouzen Robert