ADSM-L

Re: Need script for counting all cartridges used by tsm

2003-12-19 14:26:27
Subject: Re: Need script for counting all cartridges used by tsm
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:26:02 -0500
Here is a script I use to keep track of tapes in my library. You should be
able to get some ideas from this:

Name           Line       Command

               Number
----------     ------
COUNT_TAP-     1          /* line removed */

 ES

               5          issue message i 'Counts tapes in library in
Mountable
                           status.'

               10         select count(*) as Mountable from drmedia where

                           state='MOUNTABLE'

               15         issue message i 'Count tapes in Vault Status'

               20         select count(*) as Vault_tapes from drmedia where

                           state='VAULT'

               25         issue message i 'Count tapes in Vault Retrieve
Status'
               30         select count(*) as Vault_Return from drmedia where

                           state='VAULTRETRIEVE'

               35         issue message i 'Total number of tapes with backup
data on
                           them.'

               40         select count(volume_name) as TOTAL_TAPES from
volumes where
                           status in('FULL','FILLING')

               45         issue message i 'Total scratch tapes in the
library at this
                           time.'

               50         select count(*) as Num_scratches from libvolumes
where
                           status='Scratch'

               55         issue message i 'Number of TSM Database Backup
tapes.'
               60         select count(distinct(volume_name)) as
DB_BACKUP_TAPES from
                           volhistory  where type='BACKUPFULL'

   Take care,
      Al