ADSM-L

ANR0480Wafter applyinf Microsoft patch

2003-12-17 12:18:27
Subject: ANR0480Wafter applyinf Microsoft patch
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:17:44 -0500
I have a client that did a mass apply of a Microsoft security patch MS03-045
to the TSM client. Most of them are at a 4.2 level, but I've seen this
happen to a 5.1 client. After the patch, the backups never complete. The
sessions start and the backpu proceeds, but then on the server we get
ANR0480W connect with client severed. After several minutes the backup
starts over again. The only way they found to get a backup to complete was
to upgrade to a later 5.2.6 client level. Or maybe it's just re-installing
the TSM client that does it..I don't know.

Anyone had similar problems with TSM after applying a Microsoft patch??

TIA,
Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??