ADSM-L

Re: TSM with 2 libraries

2003-12-16 16:52:41
Subject: Re: TSM with 2 libraries
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:52:10 +1100
Alex,

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 17/12/2003
08:37:28 AM:

> Hi,
>
> 1) Right now the 4100 (with 2 LTO-2 drives) is attached via SCSI. Can we
> attach a second Neo (with 2 LTO-2 drives) to the same SCSI channel? Thus
> the SCSI channel will have 2 libraries and 4 drives on it. Is TSM cool
> with that?

TSM will be cool with that - but your SCSI bus might not - ie: you may see
performance problems if all drives are running at the same time... Better
to put the new library/drives on a new scsi channel.

> 2) We only want that new client to backup to the new library. Nothing
> else will backup or archive to the new library. In order to do that I
just
> make a new disk storage pool, who's "Next Storage Pool" is the storage
> pool that is associated with the new library device class. Is that
> correct? But then how do I direct the new client to backup to the new
> storage pool? I'm still unclear on that.

You control that with Management Classes (the management class determines
which storage pool to use for initial storage). It might be easier to
create a new domain (and hence new management classes in the domain).

...deon