ADSM-L

Re: Scratch volumes not used

2003-12-12 12:54:21
Subject: Re: Scratch volumes not used
From: James Choate <jchoate AT SOURCE1INC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:53:45 -0700
bring the volume back onsite.
update the access mode to readw.

-----Original Message-----
From: rh [mailto:rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 10:49 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Scratch volumes not used

Hi ITSM'ers

I'm running TSM 4.2 with a 3494 library. During TSM
start up I get several ANR1423W messages.

ANR1423W Scratch volume xxxxxx is empty but will not
be deleted - volume access mode is "offsite".

The volumes do show as scratch with q libv, but they
are never used. They do not show in a listing from q
drm command. I can't issue any update vol command, as
the volumes are not associated with any storage pool.
Anyone know how to get these volumes to a state where
they will be used?

Rodney Hroblak
ADP