ADSM-L

Re: Auditing Offsite volume

2003-12-12 12:53:56
Subject: Re: Auditing Offsite volume
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:52:44 +0200
TSM prevents from deleting empty copypool volumes when they are offsite
just to ensure you will bring then back onsite one day. When you bring the
volume back and let the TSM server know the fact, the volume gets deleted
at once and becomes scratch.

If this is your "problem", the method to resolve it is outlined above. If
there is another problem and the volume is indeed empty, bring it onsite
and try to relabel it.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Bill Fitzgerald <wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET>
12.12.2003 16:56