ADSM-L

Re: Cancel process script

2003-12-11 09:24:23
Subject: Re: Cancel process script
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:23:23 -0500
# cancel any running tsm reclaims
cmd="select  process_num, 'Space Reclamation' from processes where process = 'Sp
ace Reclamation'"
echo "Checking for running reclaim processes"
for pro in `dsmadmc -id=$ID -pass=$PW $cmd | grep -v ANS8000I | grep "Space Recl
amation" | awk '{print $1}' `
do
  echo "Cancelling process $pro"
  dsmadmc -id=$ID -pass=$PW cancel pro $pro
done

>>> rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL 12/11/2003 5:31:03 AM >>>
Hi to All

Did anybody had a script for cancelling a process. I run a backup storage
that sometime take a very long time and I want to schedule a script to
verify if a backup storage is running  (select * from processes where
upper(process)='BACKUP') ' if yes I want to cancel it.

My problem is how to collect the process number I need for the can process
*.

Any help will be appreciate **

Regards Robert Ouzen
E-Mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il