ADSM-L

Re: Backsets To Removable Media

2003-12-10 17:22:04
Subject: Re: Backsets To Removable Media
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:21:48 -0500
Newer versions of AIX come with the Linux Toolbox, and on that are the
mkisofs/cdrecord utilities (may be under the cdrtools package...can't
recall).  That's what smitty uses to generate mksysb's to DVD-RAM.

That may do what you want.

-Lloyd

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:05:16 -0500
"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU> wrote thusly:

> The vendor of the DVD-RAM drive normally provides the software to write
> to the DVD.

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267