ADSM-L

Re: SQL TDP configurations

2003-12-10 03:56:56
Subject: Re: SQL TDP configurations
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:41:59 +0200
I personally prefer the mixed scenario:
- using include/exclude list of the API client metadata is sent to a
dedicated disk pool (which *does not* migrate to tape)
- full and differential backups go direct to tape
- transaction log backups go to another disk pool which in turn migrates
to tape

As any other solution this has its drawbacks, but I like it and it works
(knock on wood, we been hit once by a bug. Thank you for helping us to
resolve it, Del).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>