ADSM-L

Query shows inconsistent results

2003-12-09 09:48:09
Subject: Query shows inconsistent results
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT GWMAIL.STATE.WV DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:31:54 -0500
Environment: Tivolis Storage Management Server for MVS Version 5.1.7.0

Running the following queries:

QUERY EVENT * * BEGIND=TODAY-1 BEGINT=17:00 -
ENDDATE=TODAY ENDTIME=NOW -
EXCEPTIONSONLY=NO

QUERY SESSION

The query event shows all the nodes that were accessed during the specified
timeframe.  The majority were successful backups, but a couple of the nodes
show as still in progress, such as:

Scheduled Start            Actual Start                Schedule Name   Node
Name    Status

12/08/2003 19:00:00  12/09/2003 02:57:29  NORMAL_DAILY  EDARTS1       In
Progress

However, query session does not show this node as currently accessing the
server.  The only things that query session shows is my administrator access
the client via a web browser:

Sess      Comm.   Sess    Wait   Bytes  Bytes   Sess     Platform        Client
Name
Number Method  State  Time    Sent   Recvd  Type
  934      HTTP     Run       0 S        0           0   Admin   WebBrowser
MyClient

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but can't figure out what.  TIA!

�---
Kevin Kinder