ADSM-L

Re: Second nodename for same server

2003-12-08 07:25:15
Subject: Re: Second nodename for same server
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 06:24:09 -0600
You might try keeping only one scheduler service running under node name
BOCOVS2 and just have two schedules for it.
One will be the standard "incr", the other being a "command" and make that
command be "incr -virtualnode=SYSBOCOVS2"

just a thought
      Dwight

                      Yiannakis Vakis
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      CYPRUS.COM>                        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor          Subject:  Second
nodename for same server
                      Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      12/08/2003 03:45 AM
                      Please respond to "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"

Hi,
I have registered a second node name for the same Win2000 server and also
defined a second scheduler service on the server to use the second nodename
in order to schedule backups using a different policy set.
So, I have nodename BOCOVS2 (original name in policy domain A) and
SYSBOCOVS2 (new registered nodename in policy domain B) for the same
server.
To define the second scheduler service I have defined a new dsm.opt file
with the option NODENAME SYSBOCOVS2 and associated that .opt file with the
second scheduler service.

When I change the name of the node in the backup/archive client
(Edit/Preferences/General tab) to the new node name and stop/start the
scheduler service associated with the new .opt file the schedule works
perfectly. The backup completes successfully, uses the correct management
class associated with the policy domain B and the data goes to
SYSSTORAGEPOOL.

When I change the nodename in the backup/archive client back to BOCOVS2,
the
TSM server still polls both nodenames. If a backup is executed it goes to
the storage pool associated with the management class of policy domain A.

Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks
Yiannakis