ADSM-L

Re: SGI client issues

2003-12-05 13:25:07
Subject: Re: SGI client issues
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:24:59 -0500
Thanks for the help, Richard.

Will look into the NFS issue.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
12/05/2003 11:32 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

>Started getting these error messages, recently:
>
>12/05/03   10:48:45 TransErrno: Unexpected error from
GetFSInfo:statvfs64,
>errno = 145
>12/05/03   10:50:16 TransErrno: Unexpected error from lstat, errno = 145
>12/05/03   10:50:16 PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=131 from
>fioGetDirEntries:  /
>12/05/03   10:50:17 ANS1028S Internal program error.  Please see your
>service representative.
>
>Any clues ?  OS is IRIX 6.5
>
>User was at 4.2.3. Upgraded to 5.1.6.2 (the latest) with the same
results!

Then it should be the environment at fault.
I believe that the 145 errno is, per combination of the lstat man page and
IRIX errno list:

   ETIMEDOUT The named file is located on a remote file system which is
not
             available

It might even be a responsiveness problem with a local file system.
Watch for things like NFS mount points in the midst of the file system,
with the foreign file server not being responsive.
The backup log might indicate the file system area where this is
occurring,
and therewith the cause may be apparent.  If not, I would do:
   find <FilesysName> -ls
to run the filesystem seeking the faulty area.
As always, check the opsys error log for any obvious problem indications.

   Richard Sims, BU