ADSM-L

Re: TSM on AIX now, platform change coming?

2003-12-04 18:31:37
Subject: Re: TSM on AIX now, platform change coming?
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:31:01 +1100
Have you consider TSM on Linux on Intel?

I just assisted a university change from AIX with 3590 to Linux (cant
remember the IBM model of server) with 4560 (2 x 4560/LTO1 with 4 drives).

This Uni is probably smaller than you guys - but non the less they are
quite happy with the change...

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/12/2003
09:51:41 AM:

> We are now running TSM 4.2 on an AIX box. Not only is the TSM level
> unsupported, so is the AIX level. And the box is running on empty, plus
we
> are really tight on storage, both disk and tape.
>
> We are looking for a new solution. A TSM upgrade is obvious. Platform is
> not.
>
> One thought is to get a new/bigger AIX box with more disk, and move to
LTO