ADSM-L

Re: TSM from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 ( library problem )

2003-12-03 05:32:00
Subject: Re: TSM from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 ( library problem )
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:31:26 +0000
>sorry for the slow reply. very busy.
>
>tapeutil i think is a utility and is part of the atape driver set. this =
>utility can be used to test and diagnose the functionality of your =
>library and tapedrives from the operating system and works independant =
>of TSM which can be very useful.=20

Thanks for the response.

The StorageTek 9714 is not an IBM tape library so I don't think the
Atape package containing 'tapeutil' is available to me.

I couldn't resolve the problem so have had to revert to my AIX 4.3.3
machine which can communicate with the library fine.

I have raised a PMR with IBM. Let's hope it can be resolved before
the end of the year when AIX 4.3.3 is no longer supported !

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems, EISD
                          University College London