ADSM-L

NTFS Security on restores

2003-12-02 15:05:21
Subject: NTFS Security on restores
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:04:52 -0500
I have a client that migrated an NT server's data to a windows 2003 server.
The NT data was backed up using a 5.1.6 client version to a TSM 5.1.6 server
on AIX 5.1. The Windows2003 server restore was done using a 5.2.0.1 client.
After the restore they saw that the original security permissions on the
directories were not correct. They tell me that the NT server and
Windows2003 server are in the same domain. On some of the directories, the
user/groups were there, but the administrator wasn't, and on others the
administrator was there but the user/group permissions weren't restored.

Are there "issues" restoring across Window versions like this??

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??