ADSM-L

Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?

2003-12-02 10:09:31
Subject: Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:06:56 -0500
Unfortunately, my clients are on multiple subnets... not all are on the
same subnet as the 2 Tivoli Server subnets...

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Richard Sims    |
|         |           <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>    |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM: |
|         |           Dist Stor       |
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           12/02/2003 09:20|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                         |
  |        cc:
                                                  |
  |        Subject: Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?

>>>I have 2 Network Cards in my TSM Server.
>>>I would like to know which clients are connecting to which card.
>>>I know I can look at each individual client at the dsm.opt file.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to find this information from the server side?
>>>If I don't have to go to each client that would be great!

>>See "IP addresses of clients" in ADSM QuickFacts.
>>The most obvious way is to inspect ANR0406I messages in the Activity Log.

>I am not looking for each client's IP Address.
>I am looking for the value of "TCPServeraddress x.x.x.x" in each client's
>dsm.opt file...

Marc - What I was trying to get across was that, in a classic multi-homed
       ethernet card scenario, with each card attached to a different
subnet,
the ANR0406I message will reveal the subnet and thus card through which the
client connected to the server, which will indicate the client's choice -
barring odd routing.  Even if you could feasibly inspect every client
option
file, a possible complexity there is that its TCPServeraddress may specify
a hostname rather than specific IP address, and in DNS the hostname may
be associated with multiple IP addresses.  YMMV.

  Richard Sims, BU

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender.