ADSM-L

Re: Calculating how much space is being expired

2003-12-02 07:38:54
Subject: Re: Calculating how much space is being expired
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:38:15 -0500
>Has anyone figured out how to calculate the amount of space expired
>after the expiration process runs?  I was looking through the summary
>tables at the expiration events and doesn't show the bytes expired.  Any
>help would be great.  Thanks.

The absence of byte counts in the concluding ANR0812I messges is a
longstanding, obvious shortcoming in results reporting from Expire Inventory.
(A nudge to Development.)

What you might do is  AUDit LICenses  and  Select * From Auditocc
before and after the Expire Inventory.  That has the advantage of revealing
MB reductions by node.

  Richard Sims, http://people.bu.edu/rbs