ADSM-L

Re: encryption: 56 to 128

2003-11-27 13:01:57
Subject: Re: encryption: 56 to 128
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:01:46 -0500
Thank you for understanding me Zlatko.

The reason I'm asking for this is what we hear from our prospect customers on
initial sales meeting. When question comes to security and encryption, if we
can we try to avoid exact answer. Usually we say data is encrypted with
industry standard encryption. If we have somebody that knows little bit more
about this and he/she asks what kind of encryption, and we say 56 bit they all
look to each other.
You have to remember that we are backing up data off-site over the Internet and
encryption becomes big issue for us.
And we all know that 56bit is very old technology(5-8 years; not sure). You can
not do internet banking without 128bit for at least 3-4 years. 128bit is
standard on win2000, even nt4 had 128bit encryption with one of the service
packs.

Back to the GIVE US A CHANCE

How we open "enhancement request" from IBM !!!!!!!!!!

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.
Phone: 416-235-0931 x26
Fax:     416-235-0265