ADSM-L

Re: 3583 on Win2000

2003-11-25 14:33:55
Subject: Re: 3583 on Win2000
From: Terry McColgan <tmccolgan AT OCT DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:34:31 -0500
Maybe this can help. I'm a bit vague on this but I seem to remember that
when defining a tape path, do not accept the Win2K name for the device
entry. There is a naming convention that Tivoli uses (mtn.n.n.n).
If you use the Win2K name and move things around, things can go wonky (sorry
to be technical here), We used the Tivoli one and things seemed to settle
down. Best of luck.