ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: TSM performance and network options

2003-11-24 23:18:37
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: TSM performance and network options
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:25:37 -0600
With AIX 5.2 things have changed a little regarding vmtune, and the no
command has also changed.  These are now in the bos.perf.tune fileset.
vmtune and schedtune commands have been replaced with vmo, ioo, schedo.
You can still use the old vmtune command because there is a pre520tune
compatibility mode that is turned on by default.  If you turn off the
pre520tune compatibility mode, you can use "smitty tuning" to manage all
the same values without the need for vmtune.  There is also an option in
smit to save the settings so they are applied on every reboot.

The pre520tune setting is in smit...System Environment...Change/Show
Characteristics of Operating System.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             Ben Bullock
             <bbullock@MICRON.
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Antwort: Re: TSM performance
                                       and network options

             11/19/2003 05:24
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

        Just to stray a ~little~ off-topic....

        I'm interested in the vmtune64 command you are using. I recently
migrated a host to aix5.2 and am running it in 64-bit mode, but still
only have the vmtune command, not vmtune64...

        root:># lslpp -w /usr/samples/kernel/vmtune
  File                                        Fileset               Type

----
  /usr/samples/kernel/vmtune                  bos.adt.samples       File

root:># lslpp -l bos.adt.samples
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description

----
  bos.adt.samples           5.2.0.10  COMMITTED  Base Operating System
Samples

        Which fileset is this "vmtune64" command included in, I can't
seem to find a 64-bit version of this fileset.

Thanks,
Ben