ADSM-L

How to remove a 'Destroyed' volume

2003-11-18 15:13:07
Subject: How to remove a 'Destroyed' volume
From: admin AT CF2TREE DOT COM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:02:52 -0800
TSM 5.1.6.2 running on AIX 5.1

Hi,

I recently had a bad tape.  I was able to restore the volume successfully from
the offsite-copy tapes.  The bad tape was marked 'Destroyed' subsequently.
>From what I read, I thought this tape would be removed by TSM after the data
was restored to other volumes, but it did not.  Everyday TSM still trys to
access this tape and complaining that the tape was 'Destroyed'.  Do I need to
delete it manually? And how to do it?  I already tried "audit volume xxxxxx
fix=yes", but it did not work.

Thank you in advance.