ADSM-L

Can I use IBM 3583 SCSI with HPUX 11.0 ? I Can´t

2003-11-18 05:10:38
Subject: Can I use IBM 3583 SCSI with HPUX 11.0 ? I Can´t
From: Juan Manuel Lopez Azañon <jmlopez AT NNE DOT ES>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:10:31 +0100
Hi All.
I have got to run a new proyect to my company: An alternative site to
recover all machines in case of disaster.
My TSM Server run actualy over hpux 11.0 64 bits on a A Class machine,
connected by fibre channel ( Tachyon cards ) to IBM 3584 library.
The other site outsite the build is HPUX 11.0 64 bits over N4000 with SCSI
LVD cards, conected to IBM 3583 library.
The problem:
        After O.S HPUX 64 bits and ATDD driver installation, I can´t " see
" any devices like rmt or library after run ioscan command.
I supose that : ATDD is not running well, so anyway, the machine should
detect any device conected by SCSI bus and show it to me like unknow or
NOHW, etc.
What I am doing wrong ?
It is not posible this hardware installation ? All documentation say yes.
I need help if anyone has experience with this hardware configuration
Please, help.