ADSM-L

Re: TSM, Active Directory, Example dsm.opt File

2003-11-12 18:12:55
Subject: Re: TSM, Active Directory, Example dsm.opt File
From: "Khan, Khalid B." <kkhan AT ATCLLC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:12:35 -0600
Check the guide on "Deploying Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows 2000" it will
detail an example of the dsm.opt. Which is where I built my from.

Here is my dsm.opt from one of the DC with AD running:

TCPSERVERADDRESS A.B.C.D
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
SCHEDMODE POLLING
SCHEDLOGR 20 D
ERRORLOGR 20 D
COMPression ON
TXNBYTELIMIT 25600
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD 6
DOMAIN  ALL-LOCAL
COMPRESSALWAYS YES

EXCLUDE "C:\I386\...\*"
EXCLUDE "C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\...\*"
Exclude "*:\pagefile.sys"
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*
Exclude *:\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*.*
Exclude *:\...\Profiles\...\ntuser.dat*
Exclude *:\...\system32\Perflib*.dat
EXCLUDE "C:\WINNT\system32\CPL.CFG"
EXCLUDE "C:\WINNT\system32\*.dat"
EXCLUDE *.dmp
EXCLUDE *.tmp
EXCLUDE *.msg
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\DEBUG\*.*"
Exclude.dir "*:\...\NTDS"
Exclude.dir "C:\Documents and Settings"
Exclude.dir C:\temp
Exclude.dir D:\Temp
Exclude.dir E:\Temp
Exclude.dir D:\Spool
Exclude.dir F:\Temp
Exclude.dir F:\I386
Exclude.dir *:\...\system32\wins
Exclude.dir *:\...\system32\LServer
Exclude.dir *:\...\system32\dhcp
Exclude.dir *:\...\system32\config
Exclude.dir *:\...\ntfrs\jet
Exclude.dir "*:\System Volume Information"
Exclude.dir "*:\...\Temporary Internet Files"
Exclude.dir *:\Recycled
Exclude.dir *:\Recycler
INCLUDE *.pst   PST
INCLUDE "*:\ADSM.SYS\...\*"