ADSM-L

TSM, Veritas and SAP

2003-11-12 11:27:30
Subject: TSM, Veritas and SAP
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:26:48 -0800
I know there have been questions about how Veritas compares to TSM but I
can't seem to find anything with SAP specifically in the mix. Has anyone out
there used Veritas to back up SAP data? Do they have a similar setup as TSM
as it relates to the TDP for R/3? The reason I ask is because someone here
has tried, from what I can gather, some sort of power grab and wants to move
this in here to backup the SAP data and take it off TSM.

I would like to see if there are any horror stories, or possibly even good
ones, dealing with this.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator