ADSM-L

Re: TSM and multiple libraries

2003-11-10 11:41:17
Subject: Re: TSM and multiple libraries
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:39:59 +0200
Have in mind that in such scenario the 3592 writing speed cannot be higher
than reading rate of 3590 drives.
For better performance you can define separate copypool over devclass of
3592 and read/write at higher speed. You can do this at least for onsite
copypools if your library at DR site is having only 3590 drives.
Copy between 3592 drives can be at 3x40 MB/s = 432 GB/hour (3 drives
reading, 3 writing), while copy from 3592 to 3590 is limited to 6x 14 MB/s
= 302,4 GB/hour (6 drives 3592 reading, 6 writing + 2 idle 3590). Even if
you add 2 more 3592 drives later you can reach 8x 14MB/s = 403,2 GB/hour
(but it that case you can have 4x 40 MB/s = 576 GB/hour).

Bottom line: put your priority systems into 3494 with Jaguar drives and
leave the less important in 3494/3590.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Mike Cantrell <Mike_Cantrell AT SAKSINC DOT COM>
10.11.2003 17:02