ADSM-L

Re: Webclient through firewall

2003-11-08 16:02:35
Subject: Re: Webclient through firewall
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 23:01:55 +0200
Many times discussed on this list:
The web-client needs connection from intranet to DMZ on port 1581 (usually
firewalls allow that direction).
The actual data transfer goes in opposite direction - from the node in DMZ
to TSM server on port 1500. This got improved in TSM v5.2 client - now the
server can also initiate the session with the client, so it can be again
from intranet to DMZ.

So what you are trying to achieve can be done either by opening port 1500
on the firewall from DMZ to intranet (your security officer might not
allow it), or install properly configured v5.2 client(s) for DMZ systems.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
06.10.2003 16:39