ADSM-L

APAR IC35953 (was "Re: [tsm] Perl TSM daily reporting script.")

2003-11-07 09:31:07
Subject: APAR IC35953 (was "Re: [tsm] Perl TSM daily reporting script.")
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:30:42 -0700
> This resulted in that drive to be skipped without *any*
> message, warning or error. If the drive would have been
> in a DOMAIN statement, an error would have been issued.

> There is an APAR for this behaviour, but that is closed
> as a suggestion because IBM finds it too much trouble to
> fix.

This mischaracterizes the situation, as it tells only half the story.

The APAR you refer to is IC35953. The reason it was closed SUG is due to
the extent of the code changes required to fix it; it is not as trivial as
it sounds. Such code changes are beyond the scope of an APAR fix (not
every problem can be fixed within an APAR) -- believe me, we tried.
However, this APAR is still on the "to do" list, and has certainly not
been closed and forgotten.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
11/06/2003 23:54