ADSM-L

Macintosh OS X include/exclude & domain list

2003-11-06 13:39:11
Subject: Macintosh OS X include/exclude & domain list
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:37:37 -0700
Greetings,

TSM Server 5.1.6.2, AIX 5.1

Mac OS X 10.2
TSM Mac OS X client 5.2.0.0

I'm trying to exclude the Macintosh HD domain and backup only one folder
from the drive.  The GUI is not very cooperative in Edit Preferences.

Documentation says :

DOMAIN "-Macintosh HD:"

in TSM User Preferences should exclude my Mac HD.  Then in TSM System
Preferences, I want to include a certain folder.  However, I am having
trouble getting the GUI to "choose" the folder and add an include statement
to the System Preferences.

Assuming the folder is "Documents", what would be the syntax?  Below?

include "Macintosh HD:Documents:...:*"

I can't get this to be added through the GUI, but can BBEDIT the
Preferences files.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards, John