ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading Netware Client from 4.1.3.0 to 5.1.5.15

2003-11-05 15:03:55
Subject: Re: Upgrading Netware Client from 4.1.3.0 to 5.1.5.15
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:02:41 -0500
No, in fact once I've expanded the client once my upgrade process
involves renaming the existing Tivoli folder out of the way and copying
the new one in. You will need to manually load and run a backup to
reestablish the passwords and ID's, although you can cheat on that as
well.

Even if you upgrade the nlms no restart is required. Just rename the old
ones, copy in the new ones and unload/reload.

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems