ADSM-L

Re: Z/OS and TSM - preferred server level??

2003-11-05 09:31:45
Subject: Re: Z/OS and TSM - preferred server level??
From: "Stumpf, Joachim" <joachim.stumpf AT DATEV DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:31:21 +0100
Hi,

at the moment we are migrating from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.1.1.
If you are at 4.x you should have a look at:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PQ80211

We had big problems with the performance during upgradedb (AuditDB run 80h with
a 16GB database and used over 65h CPU).
After the ZAP the Upgradedb took nearly 30min and used 3min. CPU.

So the ZAP mentioned in the ARPAR worked for us.

Good Luck ;-)

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards
Joachim Stumpf

------------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

We are closing in on bringing up Z/OS 1.4 and with it a new version of
TSM server. It looks like 5.1.7 was delivered with our server pac (FMID
HDN5510). In a meeting earlier this week a Tivoli rep recommended that
we go ahead and pull down the latest server level (5.2.1 w/5.2.2 due in
early Dec.)

Any recommendations or experiences with this platform and TSM levels out
there worth passing along? We're currently at 4.1.4.2

As always, thanks in advance!

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems