ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle Errors

2003-11-04 10:30:00
Subject: TDP for Oracle Errors
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:28:55 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
Our Oracle guys and girls are currently testing DP for Oracle 5.2 on Oracle
9i. They turned one a new RMAN feature for automated controlfile backup (for
those of you interested, the command is 'configure controlfile autobackup
on;') Now, whenever a controlfile backup is running it generates the
following error in both the tdpoerror.log and the actlog:

ANE4994S (Session: 1437562, Node: KL1003VC-ORC)  TDP Oracle AIX ANU0599
ANU2602E The object /mount/appl00001//c-213141136-20031104-0e was not found
on the TSM Server

We had to make a trace to see that this error is generated because TSM first
checks whether the object exists on the server before allocating it.
I created a PMR for this behavior and level 1 now says: works as designed,
just suppress ANE4994S from the actlog (impossible since ANE4994S is a
generic message) and build something yourself to clear your tdpoerror.log
periodically.
I find this a VERY disappointing reply from IBM
Has anybody encountered this behavior to and maybe found a better way to
solve these errors?
Maybe someone from development listening on this list has a good suggestion?
I'm really stuck here with the Dutch level 1 support... :-((
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.