ADSM-L

Re: Number of Sessions?

2003-11-04 09:44:35
Subject: Re: Number of Sessions?
From: Bill Kelly <kellywh AT AUBURN DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:44:14 -0600
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, John Naylor wrote:

> I have had a look at that.
> It is similar, but not exactly the same.
> I omitted from the original post that the first message seen,  a few
> minutes before
> the anr9999d messages start is
> ANR5093E Unable to establish TCP connection - accept error.
> John

A while back, we experienced a similar problem; I'm not sure that the
symptoms are the same, but it might be worth a look.

In our case, the server would roll along fine for a few days, then
suddenly it would get the

ANR5093E Unable to establish TCP connection - accept error.

message, followed by a large number of

ANR9999D CSINIT(717): CS pending failed to Initialize - Time Out.

messages, and no new sessions would be allowed.  I'd have to cycle the
server in order to get things going again.

It turned out that we were bumping up against a USS/TCP limit; in our
BPXPRMxx member, our MAXFILEPROC parameter was set too low and was
limiting the number of concurrent TCP connections the TSM server was
allowed.  Once we increased that parm, our problem was solved.

As I say, this may not be your problem precisely, but it may be worth
looking into your BPXPRM settings in general.

Regards,
Bill

Bill Kelly
Auburn University