ADSM-L

Re: LTO Tape Compatibility

2003-11-04 09:32:17
Subject: Re: LTO Tape Compatibility
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTNGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:28:21 +0100
In short:

Yes, the media are different.

LTO-2 drives can (as far as I know) read and write LTO-1 media. Obivious,
LTO-1 tapes will use its own density (max 200GB).
You cannot use LTO-2 tapes in an LTO-1 drive.

Met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards,

Richard van Denzel
Consultant
IBM CATE, TSM Certified Consultant
Solution Professional Services B.V.
Transistorstraat 167, 1322 CN Almere
Postbus 50044, 1305 AA Almere.

T:   +31 (0)36 880 02 22
F:   +31 (0)36 880 02 44
M:  +31 (0)652 663 978
W:  www.sltngroup.com
E:   rvandenzel AT sltngroup DOT com
Solution Professional Services B.V. is onderdeel van THE SLTN GROUP
An IBM Premier Business Partner

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
04-11-2003 14:58