ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading IBMTape and lmcpd drivers

2003-11-03 11:26:10
Subject: Re: Upgrading IBMTape and lmcpd drivers
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:24:30 -0800
The upgrade is pretty straightforward for both IBMtape and lmcpd drivers.  Be
very sure that you've got supported hba's in your servers - and you may want to
check with IBM to see if you need to load additional drivers.  We are still
unable to connect to our updated H1A's because of driver issues.  We're waiting
for the Emulex card to arrive so we can get them up and running.  There are a
number of files you can modify and your CE should be familiar with this.
At the least you probably need to uncomment this line in the
/kernel/drv/st.conf file:
# This line adds support for Fibre Channel Tapes
#name="st" parent="fp" target=0;

Also, are you attaching directly to your server or are you going through a
switch?  Your CE needs to set hard or soft addressing on the drives depending
on which one (I believe - my CE argued with me over that but that's what the
manual says).  Hope this helps.

Luke Dahl
NASA-Jet Propulsion Laboratory
818-354-7117