ADSM-L

Re: Backing up HPUX on Itanium

2003-11-03 11:06:07
Subject: Re: Backing up HPUX on Itanium
From: Henrry Aranda <harango AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:03:14 -0500
Hi Arni,
We are in the same situation, did you do some experiments with the Oracle
client?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks / Regards

Henry Aranda

Hey there guys

A customer of mine recently bought two HP Itanium2 Boxes and is running
Oracle 9.2 RAC on them.  >When he called us and wanted to back these
machines up we hit a brick wall.  According to Tivoli we >will not see
Oracle client for HPUX Itanium2 until late October or November.   What
makes this even >harder is that the Backup/Archive client has not been
released for HPUX Itanium2 either.

So we decided to do some experiments,
I've managed to install the Backup/Archive client on another machine and
copy the files accross to the >Itanium2 machines and the Backup/Archive
client seems to work without problems (due to PA-RISC >emulation in the
Itanium2)  We haven't tried yet to do the same trick with the Oracle client
but we >plan to do it.

What I wanted to know is if somebody else has tried any of this and how it
worked out?

Best regards,
Arni