ADSM-L

Re: TDP Exchange Backups

2003-11-03 08:36:23
Subject: Re: TDP Exchange Backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:36:04 -0500
Pattie,

RC=419 is an "internal error".
If the DP for Exchange log does not provide any further information,
try this:

1. Retry the operation that failed.

2. If the problem occurred during an incremental, differential,
   or database copy backup, run a full backup. If the full
   backup completes successfully, retry the operation that failed.

3. If the problem still exists, close other applications,
   especially those applications that interact with Exchange
   (anti-virus applications, for example).
   Retry the operation that failed.

4. If the problem still exists:
   a. Shut down the Exchange server.
   b. Start the Exchange server again.
   c. Retry the operation that failed.

5. If the problem still exists:
   a. Shut down the entire machine.
   b. Start the machine again.
   c. Retry the operation that failed.

6. If the problem still exists, determine if it is occurring
   on other Exchange servers, and then call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del