ADSM-L

Re: Include/exclude not working

2003-10-31 10:08:15
Subject: Re: Include/exclude not working
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:07:35 -0700
> This is exactly what I asked about yesterday,
> but it seems that no one yesterday knew what
> I was asking for

Well, I tried (yesterday)... in fact, what you wrote below looks similar
to what I suggested. :-)

> Whats better then doing all those lines you
> can have the following in your dsm.opt and it
> will ONLY backup ONE directory

> domain       g:
> exclude      *:\...\*
> include      g:\inetpub\*

> This will only backup g:\inetpub\ and all files
> and subdirs.

Not quite...

INCLUDE and EXCLUDE operate on files but not directories. So while your
approach above will back up only the *files* under g:\inetpub, as I
mentioned yesterday, it will also traverse and back up (if appropriate)
the other directories on g:. While it technically will work okay, Eric was
looking for a way to have TSM traverse *only* the g:\inetpub directory
structure.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Blodgett, Olin" <Olin.Blodgett AT FLHOSP DOT ORG>
10/31/2003 07:37