ADSM-L

Re: Include/exclude not working

2003-10-31 08:34:33
Subject: Re: Include/exclude not working
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:34:09 -0500
Eric,

Is the E: drive in your domain statement?  Since it's a network drive, it
wouldn't be by default.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Think twice, type once.

|         |           "Loon, E.J. van -|
|         |           SPLXM"           |
|         |           <Eric-van.Loon@KL|
|         |           M.COM>           |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           10/31/2003 08:15 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                       |
  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Include/exclude not working

Hi *SM-ers!
I must be doing something wrong. My PC (WinNT, 5.1.6 client) has a network
drive E:. I want everything but E:\Inetpub (and all underlying files and
directories) on E: excluded from the backup.
My dsm.opt contains the following lines:

INCLUDE "E:\Inetpub\...\*"
EXCLUDE.DIR "E:\...\*"
Exclude "E:\*"

However, the GUI shows all files and directories excluded and the backup
backs up nothing.
I'm lost...
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential
and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment
may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related
to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke
Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees
shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.