ADSM-L

Re: maximumsglist - lanfree

2003-10-30 05:50:23
Subject: Re: maximumsglist - lanfree
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:50:02 +0000
Zlatko

thanks for your response.......we have been running our tsm server for a
year with maximumsglist at the default value....  if what your saying is
true about restore capability that would explain a few things.. we have done
major restores and not got all the data back we expected.  Is there an IBM
document on all this somewhere other than IBM flash 10135?

Another question, our tsm server has multiple qlogic hba's.  I believe the
maximumsglist will take affect on all the adapters.  However some of those
adapters are used just for SAN disk connectivity. Will changing this
parameter have any impact on disk access/performance?

Thanks again

Chris