ADSM-L

help needed desperately - reinstall TSM client v5.1

2003-10-29 11:23:40
Subject: help needed desperately - reinstall TSM client v5.1
From: Lan Wu-Cavener <lxw34 AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:22:53 -0500
Hi,

I am a newbie here. Just join the list and sent the message but didn't
shown on the list. (must have done wrong) I am sending it again.

University TSM server was updated to 5.1.6 several months ago, I noticed
about a month ago that our client v4.2 didn't work right.(Don't really know
how long it had been malfunctioning, log file was overwritten.) The
dsmsched.log message is

  Sending of object '\\imlab-win\appleshare' failed
> 10/23/2003 13:03:40 ANS1063E Invalid path specification
>
> 10/23/2003 13:03:40 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\imlab-win\wwwroot' failed
> 10/23/2003 13:03:40 ANS1063E Invalid path specification
>
> 10/23/2003 13:03:44 Scheduled event '1300' completed successfully.

We could not figure what was wrong. and decided to upgrade the client.

I am upgrading the TSM client from 4.2 to 5.2. As recommended in the README
file, I stopped the scheduler from the system. Then removed the scheduler
through TSM utility menu. And then uninstalled the old version of TSM from
control panel, add/remove program panel. Then downloaded new version. The
installShield Wizard was interrupted and installation failed. the message I
got is as follows:

The wizard was interrupted before Tivoli could be completely installed.
your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time....
I also tried to run the setup after I disable the firewall. It failed with
the same message.

Does anyone known what was wrong? Is there anything(component) else that I
need to remove before installation?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lan

Lan Wu-Cavener