ADSM-L

Re: ODP: TDP for MSSQL - huge problem

2003-10-29 09:10:44
Subject: Re: ODP: TDP for MSSQL - huge problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:10:18 -0500
yi,

Microsoft has not yet been able to identify for us what was
changed that caused this. IBM support is still working with
Microsoft to try to identify specifically why this was happening.
It seems that after (re)applying the latest service packs,
this problem is resolved. And for most customers, they are
so busy, after the problem is resolved, they no longer
wish to spend more time on it. I can't blame them.
I have some suspicions that it could be related to some of
the security hotfixes put out lately by Microsoft...
... but can't confirm it yet.
If you see any problems, please call support.

Thanks,

Del

> any ideas as to what gets fixed by reapplying the SP?
> I am trying to see if there's anything else we need to fix after
installing TDP.