ADSM-L

SUMMARY:unable to start dsmserv

2003-10-29 00:27:25
Subject: SUMMARY:unable to start dsmserv
From: Geetha Thanu <geeta AT CDFD.ORG DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:01:40 -0800
Hi all,

Thanks to every body who responded me.It was really helpful
for people like me who r beginners of tivoli.As everybody suggested
that there is another server running and hence the error,
a defunct process of tivoli server was there and hence i was
unable to start the server.I have to reboot the server
for that to be killed.

But again a new problem.Immediately when the dsmserv was up
the following process started and is going on almost 24 hrs over.

Process Process Description Status
 Number
-------- -------------------- -------------------------------------------------
2 Space Reclamation Volume CDFD06 (storage pool CDFD), Moved Files:40,
Moved Bytes: 240,597, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current
Physical File (bytes): 465,627

Current input volume:  CDFD06.
Waiting for mount of scratch volume     (31775 seconds).

4 AUDIT LIBRARY ANR8459I Auditing volume inventory for library AUTOLIB.

process 2 is started by dsmserv automatically.

process 4 was given by me to detect all the new 10 cartridges
under AUTOLIB which was having only 10 cartridges.

Both are present for 24 hrs and nothing is done.
when i tried to kill process 2 , it is not killing also.

pls guide me to proceed further.

Geetha Thanu
Technical Officer
CDFD,Hyderabad.