ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Lotus Domino

2003-10-28 15:09:49
Subject: Re: TDP for Lotus Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:09:26 -0500
Joni,

I am not quite sure I understand completely since for Domino,
each database is contained in a single .NSF file...
...unless you are talking about groupings of Domino databases
making up a logical database of some sort (like Domino.Doc)

Data Protection for Domino works at the database file level (.NSF file).
You could assign a policy setting to meet the retention requirements
through management classes on the backups. You would assign the
management classes to those database backups by using the
INCLUDE option in the DSM.OPT file (see User's Guide for details.)

You may also want to look into the IBM CommonStore product that
has document archive function for Domino servers.

Thanks,

Del