ADSM-L

Re: TDP for MSSQL - huge problem

2003-10-28 08:52:45
Subject: Re: TDP for MSSQL - huge problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:52:10 -0500
Sebastian,

errno = 10054 is WSAECONNRESET. It means that the TCP/IP connection
was reset and the socket was closed, terminating the backup.
This normally points to some type of network related issue.
While logged on to the same ID that shows the failures,
try using FTP to transfer some files (both directions) from the
machine running the SQL server to the machine running the TSM Server.
Repeat this a few times to see if you see similar problems.

If you do not see any problems, and your network team
does not see any network issues, please call IBM support so
they can gather some traces from both sides to diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Del