ADSM-L

Re: unable to start dsmserv

2003-10-28 05:38:02
Subject: Re: unable to start dsmserv
From: "Chandrashekar, C R. (Chandrasekhar)" <charakoc AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:08:54 +0530
Geetha,

Try according to the help, it may helps you.

ANR7804I An server is already running from this directory.

Explanation: The server has attempted to open the adsmserv.lock file in the

current directory but failed to do so because an existing server already has

the file open.

System Action: Server terminates.

User Response: Examine the contents of the adsmserv.lock file. The process

ID for the server that is running is recorded in this file. Two servers

cannot be started from the same directory. You may remove the adsmserv.lock

file and attempt to start the server ONLY if the recorded process ID is NOT

currently running dsmserv. The 'ps -e' AIX command can be used to display

processes that are currently running.

C.R.Chandrasekhar.
Systems Executive.
Tivoli Certified Consultant (TSM).
TIMKEN Engineering & Research - INDIA (P) Ltd., Bangalore.
Phone No: 91-80-5536113 Ext:3032.
Email:charakoc AT timken DOT com.