ADSM-L

Re: Any way to use ide tape drive on linux?

2003-10-27 16:50:56
Subject: Re: Any way to use ide tape drive on linux?
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:49:11 +1100
Have a look at the module "ide-scsi" - it makes IDE devices look like SCSI
devices.

After loading ide-scsi - if you see the tape drive in /proc/scsi/scsi -
then TSM will be able to see it - but remember, TSM on Linux doesnt
support "GENERIC TAPE" - so if tsmscsi doesnt recognise the drive (from
the drive ID string), then you probably wont be able to use it.

I'd be interested to know how you go...

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

Steve Ochani <ochanis AT NCC DOT EDU>
28/10/2003 05:32 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Any way to use ide tape drive on linux?

Hello all,

I'm trying to use a seagate IDE tape drive on linux, linux recognized it
as /dev/hdf and it
works but tsm's driver seems to be only for scsi drives.
If I use /dev/hdf in the device path command TSM cannot access it and
gives me an I/O
error.

Thanks for any help