ADSM-L

Re: Rapid DB Growth

2003-10-27 08:48:00
Subject: Re: Rapid DB Growth
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:45:54 -0500
If you have accounting turned on, you can analyze the session accounting
records to see which node(s) created a lot of objects during the time
period in question.

If you run expiration regularly, another possibility is that expiration has
bogged down somewhere, e.g., due to excessive versions in your management
classes.  Look at the expiration-related messages in the activity log to
analyze this possibility.  There is a message generated for each filespace
processed by expiration.

..Paul