ADSM-L

Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first

2003-10-26 19:18:54
Subject: Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:15:33 +0200
If the data "was only on the disk", I would say your disaster recovery
preparation needs serious fix!
The idea is that you backup the whole storage pool *hierarchy* to a copy
pool. For example hierarchy DISKPOOL -> TAPEPOOL must be backed up with
1. ba stg diskpool copypool
2. ba stg tapepool copypool
3. ba db t=dbs

Without backing up the diskpool to a onsite copy pool you are exposed to
data loss in case of disk storage failure (even if there is no site-wide
disaster).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
24.10.2003 16:12