ADSM-L

Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first

2003-10-24 09:34:19
Subject: Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:32:35 -0400
>What would happen if there was a site disaster and the data was only on the
>disk which is no longer available to perform restores?
>I guess what I am asking is, without sending DIRMC off-site, can you
>recover from a site disaster?

Marc - That would be the moral equivalent of a -FILESOnly restoral,
       wherein TSM creates default directories and attributes...not
necessarily the best thing, but usually workable.

Note that TSM typically performs restorals via this paradigm, restoring
file system objects in the order that it finds them on tapes, to avoid
reprocessing tapes, creating surrogate directories until the actual directory
info may be found later in the current or subsequent tape.
See topic "Restore Order" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts .

  Richard Sims, BU