ADSM-L

TDP for Lotus Domino 5.1.5.1

2003-10-23 14:36:57
Subject: TDP for Lotus Domino 5.1.5.1
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT UPM-KYMMENE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:36:44 +0200
Hi all,

I'm about introducing TDP for Lotus Domino vers. 5.1.5.1 under Lotus Domino
5.0.12 and there are some questions. Maybe one of you have answers.

While  testing  I  noticed,  that  there will be written a pair of ANE4991I
messages  for  each backed up Domino data base to TSM servers activity log.
One  is  indicating  starting  the  backup  operation  while  the other one
displays  completion  of  backup.  If  there  are a lot of data bases being
backed  up,  e.g.  on  selective backup once a week, there are thousands of
these  messages  being  logged  to TSM servers actlog. Is there a method to
avoid that? I haven't found a parameter within TDPD (domdsmc set ...)?

Also  we are planning to enable Domino archive TxL into production servers.
It  has  already been tested in a test environment. Now the question arised
what would happen with the TSM server schedule used to archive those Domino
archive  logs,  while  a  'long  running  backup'  is being performed (e.g.
selective  backup  once  a  week)  also  initated by a TSM server schedule.
Wouldn't  there  be  a  risk  that  all  Domino  log  extends could fill up
completely  before that logs have been archived. How do you handle or avoid
that risk?

TIA,
Rainer

   (Embedded      UPM-Kymmene Papier GmbH & Co. KG
  image moved     IT Services Augsburg Office
   to file:       Rainer Holzinger, TSM/AIX
 pic18467.gif)    Administrator
                  Georg-Haindl-Str. 5, D-86153
                  Augsburg
                  Tel. +49 821 3109 590